Tulare Public Library Manager / City Librarian
- Born and raised in the Chicagoland area.
- Graduated with a B.A. in English from the University of California, Riverside, and Masters in Library and Information Science from San Jose State University.
- Dedicated 7 years to the Fresno County Public Library in various Librarian capacities from youth librarianship, county-wide program coordination at 35 branches, branch leadership, collection development, marketing, large budget management, fund-raising, and more.
- Specializes in programming for all ages, volunteer coordination, outreach, and community partnerships.
- Awarded by the City of Fowler for “Innovative and Successful Programming” in 2010 and for “Exemplary Work and Dedication” in 2011.
- Recognized by the California State Senate for “Outstanding Work” in 2011.
- Enthusiastic, efficient, team leader, community-oriented, innovative, and happy to serve.
- Plans on expanded outreach, community services, cross-coordination between city departments and local non-profits, and ensuring Tulare Public Library continues to shine.
- Enjoys reading, writing, math games, and spending time with my family and pets.
- Born and raised in Southern California
- BA in Liberal Arts with a minor in Spanish from Cal Poly Pomona
- Teaching Credential with a bilingual emphasis from Cal Poly Pomona
- Masters in Library Science from UCLA
- Over 30 years of library work experience
- Currently specializing in Circulation and Technology
- Enjoys books, music, travel, martial arts, knitting, writing and spending time with family
- Enjoys reading, playing the piano, drawing and learning about cultures past and present
- Raised in Tulare
- Current Masters candidate in Library and Information Science
- 7 years experience as an elementary teacher
- 10 years experience as a teacher-librarian, including 4 years teaching high school art, at a K-12 school
- Currently the children's and youth services librarian at TPL
- Enjoys reading, playing the piano, drawing and learning about cultures past and presentRaised in Tulare
- Bachelors Degree from Fresno Pacific College in Liberal Studies
- While attending Fresno Pacific was a member of the Musica Pacifica Baroque Ensemble, performing on harpsichord and violin
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential from Fresno Pacific College
- Born in San Diego; also lived in LA, Orange, Kern and Madera Counties
- Graduated with two BA degrees from the University of California Santa Barbara: Cultural Anthropology and General Psychology
- Tulare Public Library service since 2002. Over nine years as Literacy coordinator; currently adult services librarian, specializing in research and information
- Retail management experience at eight California locations
- Tulare Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors’ Committee, chairperson 2004-2007
- Awarded City of Tulare Employee of the Year 2004
- Leadership Tulare Graduate, Class of 2008
- Enjoys travel, gardening, spending time with family, and observing nature